District 196 offers a fee-for-service transportation option for students who are not eligible for transportation based on the service areas defined in Policy 707, Student Transportation. Parents/guardians applying for the fee-for-service option must register each child receiving transportation services.
Register in several ways
- Online with a credit card payment using FeePay;
- By mail with this form and a check, or
- In person with this form and a check or cash.
Mail or deliver your payment to:
District 196 Transportation Department
15180 Canada Avenue
Rosemount, MN 55068
Fee-for-service rates for full school year
- $300 per student
- $600 maximum per family
- $150 per student for students who are eligible for reduced-price school meals
- $300 maximum per family for students who are eligible for reduced-price school meals
- $75 per student for students who are eligible for free school meals
- $150 maximum per family for students who are eligible for free school meals
- What is the fee-for-service transportation option?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- What if my child has different pick-up and drop-off addresses?
- How will my child's bus stop be determined?
- How will the driver know my child is registered for transportation services?
- Can I cancel and receive a refund?
- Can I pay a partial fee if my child does not ride all of the time?
The fee-for-service transportation option is available to any student who is not eligible for transportation based on the distance from their home or daycare to their attendance area school. Students who, while walking to school, would need to cross a train track or roadway designated by the district as a hazardous crossing (707.2AR, School Bus Safety) are eligible to receive transportation at no charge.
The fee-for-service transportation option is not available to intradistrict transfer students or open-enrolled (interdistrict transfer) students.
Students may have to walk up to three city blocks to reach their bus stop. Bus stops are established so students in grades K-5 who live one mile or more from their school and students in grades 6-12 who live one and one-half miles or more from their school are transported to the school in their attendance area.
Anyone requesting fee-for-service transportation must complete and submit an application form with the fee. Families with students registered for the fee-for-service option receive a postcard in August with the bus number, stop location and pick-up and drop-off times. The driver will have a student roster that lists your child’s name as an eligible rider.