Desktop Schools Popup

Select a School


Student records and transcripts

Parents, guardians and students aged 18 and older can examine contents of their student educational record. They also can challenge the accuracy of educational records and have the right to authorize or deny release of records requested by a third party.

District 196 forwards educational records of students to other schools/districts in which a student seeks or intends to enroll, upon request of that school/district. No notification is made prior to this type of records transfer.

Student Educational Records include the following:

  • Standardized achievement and ability test data
  • Course grades
  • Attendance records
  • Health and medical records
  • Evaluations by professional staff
  • Other information documenting a student’s time in District 196

Locate and obtain your graduate transcripts

Educational transcripts of District 196 graduates are kept at their school of graduation for one year after their date of graduation. After one year, graduate transcripts are maintained at the District 196 Office, located at 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068.

If you graduated more than a year ago, please complete the following form to obtain your student records. If you graduated within the last year, please contact your school directly to obtain educational transcripts.


Request to review student records or release private data


Please contact the at 651-423-7790 or email with transcript questions. For information on student educational records, contact your child’s principal or call the archive office at 651-423-7710.