Thank you for your interest in subbing in District 196. District 196 is currently accepting new substitute teacher to fulfill our growing need. To substitute in District 196, you must have a valid Minnesota Teaching License through PELSB. If you do not have a valid MN Teaching License but have a 4-year degree, you can apply for a Short Call Substitute License through PELSB. With a Short Call Substitute License, you will be required to attend specific Short Call Substitute Training.
Please contact Barb Hall at 651-423-7761 or email@example.com with questions.
Requirement for Substitute Teaching
Current MN Teaching License or Short Call Substitute License (requires separate training)
Must pass a pre-employment background check (paid for by the applicant)
Must attend a New Hire Orientation OR Short Call Substitute Training Week
New Hire Orientation Dates
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Tuesday, January 11, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
Short Call Substitute Training Weeks
- Monday, September 27 - Friday, October 1 8:00am - 12:15pm each day
- Monday, November 29 - Friday, December 3 8:00am - 12:15pm each day
Short Call Training Location
What to bring with you to Orientation or Training
- Two valid forms of ID – Acceptable Documents (Expired documents will not be accepted)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)
- Printed copy of your MN Teaching License
- Printed copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply online (Complete Application)
- Direct deposit information (either a voided check or savings routing and account information)
- You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past 365 days.
- Substitute Employee Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted before June 30 of current school year. Requests submitted after this date will not be reimbursed as the fiscal year ends June 30.
- Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted within 60 days of the substitute assignment date to avoid becoming taxable income. Please refer to policy and procedure 405.8AR Travel and Related Expenses for additional information.