To substitute in District 196, we require you to have a valid Minnesota teaching license and attend an orientation meeting. Your substitute teaching application must be completed and submitted online prior to your scheduled orientation session.
District 196 will be accepting two-year short call substitute licenses. There will be a separate training specific to these short call subs. This also applies to persons currently holding two-year licenses that are subbing in other districts. Please contact Barb Hall at Barb.Hall@district196.org if you would like to attend a training.
Orientation meetings are held at our district office, 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068, in the Vermillion Room unless otherwise noted.
- Thursday, August 15, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please register online.
What you need to bring with you to orientation meetings:
- Two valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form (Expired documents will not be accepted.)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (Cash or check)
- Current Minnesota Educator’s license
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.)
- Direct deposit information (Either a voided check or savings routing and account information)
You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past school year.
- Substitute Employee Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted before June 30 of current school year. Requests submitted after this date will not be reimbursed as the fiscal year ends June 30.
Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted within 60 days of the substitute assignment date to avoid becoming taxable income. Please refer to policy and procedure 405.8AR Travel and Related Expenses for additional information.