To substitute in District 196, we require you to have a valid Minnesota teaching license and attend an orientation meeting. Your substitute teaching application must be completed and submitted online prior to your scheduled orientation session.
District 196 will be accepting substitutes with a short call substitute license. There is a separate day-long training specific to these short call subs. This also applies to persons currently holding short call substitute licenses that are subbing in other districts. Please contact Barb Hall at Barb.Hall@district196.org if you have further questions.
Orientation meetings are held at our district office, 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068.
All future orientations are subject to change due to ever changing policies and practices during this uncertain time.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 Virtual, Not in person
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 Virtual, Not in person
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 10:00am – 12:3opm – Dakota Room
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
- Monday, April 5, 2021 10:00am – 12:30pm – Vermillion Room
This training day is specific to those that have a Short Call Substitute license and do not have a degree in teaching.
- Two valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form (Expired documents will not be accepted.)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (Cash or check)
- Current Minnesota Educator’s license
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.)
- Direct deposit information (Either a voided check or savings routing and account information)
You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past 365 days.
- Substitute Employee Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted before June 30 of current school year. Requests submitted after this date will not be reimbursed as the fiscal year ends June 30.
Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted within 60 days of the substitute assignment date to avoid becoming taxable income. Please refer to policy and procedure 405.8AR Travel and Related Expenses for additional information.
All future orientation and training days are subject to cancelation due to lack of participation.