Desktop Schools Popup

Select a School

Substitute Teaching

Thank you for your interest in subbing in District 196.  District 196 is currently accepting new substitute teachers to fulfill our growing need. To substitute in District 196, we require you have a valid Minnesota teaching license, complete a pre-employment background check and complete our onboarding paperwork.

All Onboarding will be done remotely through email and then drop-off at District 196 District Office, 3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN  55068. Please contact Barb Hall at 651-423-7761 or for email instructions.

What you will need to provide after completing the onboarding packet:

  • Two valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form (Expired documents will not be accepted.)

  • $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)

  • Current Minnesota Educator’s license

  • Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references.  Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.

  • Direct deposit information (Either a voided check or savings routing and account information)

You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past 365 days.

Other Resources
  • Substitute Employee Mileage Reimbursement Form
    • Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted before June 30 of current school year. Requests submitted after this date will not be reimbursed as the fiscal year ends June 30.
    • Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted within 60 days of the substitute assignment date to avoid becoming taxable income. Please refer to policy and procedure 405.8AR Travel and Related Expenses for additional information.