Thank you for your interest in subbing in District 196. District 196 is currently accepting new clerical substitute to fill in for our paraprofessionals, teaching assistants, and instructional clerks. As a clerical substitute, your primary task will be assisting our teaching staff in the classroom helping our students that need a little extra help throughout the day.
Please contact Barb Hall at 651-423-7761 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Requirements for Clerical Subbing
- High School Diploma
- Willing to work across the District at all schools of at least two levels (elementary, middle school, or high school)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical (paid for by the District)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check (paid for by the applicant)
- Must complete a Personal Care Assistant Certificate of Training (Click here to take the test | Instructions)
- Must attend a New Hire Orientation
New Hire Orientation Dates
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Wednesday, January 12, 2021 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Two valid forms of ID – Acceptable Documents (Expired documents will not be accepted)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)
- Printed copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply online (Complete Application)
- Direct deposit information (either a voided check or savings routing and account information)
- Copy of Certified Personal Care Assistant certificate of training (link). The Department of Human Services (DHS) requires all school employees who provide personal care services to students to be a Certified Personal Care Attendant (PCA). DHS provides free online training that you may choose to complete, followed by the test. After passing the test you will then receive a “Certificate of Training.” You will be required to submit a copy of your certificate in order to be eligible for employment as a District clerical/paraprofessional substitute. You may not provide personal care services for every student but having the certificate allows the district more flexibility when assigning you duties as a paraprofessional substitute. At this time, it is only required that you take and pass it one time. Click here to take the test | Instructions A score of 20 correct answers is needed to pass the test.