To substitute as a clerical/paraprofessional in District 196, we require you to attend an orientation meeting. An online application must be completed and submitted prior to your scheduled orientation session.
Orientation meetings are held at our district office, 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068, in the Vermillion Room unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday August 14, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Thursday September 5, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Wednesday September 18, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Wednesday October 23, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Friday November 8, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Wednesday December 4, 2019 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Thursday February 6, 2020 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Tuesday February 18, 2020 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Thursday March 5, 2020 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
- Thursday April 9, 2020 10:00am - 12:30pm - Vermillion Room
District 196 has a high need for substitutes who meet the following requirements:
- Should be available Monday through Friday most weeks from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Should be willing to work across the District at all schools of at least two levels (elementary, middle school, or high school).
- Should be willing and able to work as a special education paraprofessional.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical (paid for by the District).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check (paid for by the applicant).
- Must bring a Personal Care Assistant Certificate of Training (Click here to take the test. )
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please register online.
You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past school year.
Sign up for an orientation and bring the following with you:
- Two valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form (Expired documents will not be accepted.)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (Cash or check)
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.)
- Direct deposit information (Either a voided check or savings routing and account information)
- Copy of Certified Personal Care Attendant certificate of training
- The Department of Human Services (DHS) requires all school employees who provide personal care services to students to be a Certified Personal Care Attendant (PCA). DHS provides free online training that you may choose to complete, followed by the test. After passing the test you will then receive a “Certificate of Training.” You will be required to submit a copy of your certificate in order to be eligible for employment as a District clerical/paraprofessional substitute. You may not provide personal care services for every student but having the certificate allows the district more flexibility when assigning you duties as a paraprofessional substitute. At this time, it is only required that you take and pass it one time. Click here to take the test. (A score of 20 correct answers is needed to pass the test.)