Desktop Schools Popup

Select a School

Clerical Substitutes


Thank you for your interest in subbing in District 196.  District 196 is currently accepting new clerical substitute to fill in for our paraprofessionals, teaching assistants, and instructional clerks.  As a clerical substitute, your primary task will be assisting our teaching staff in the classroom helping our students that need a little extra help throughout the day.  

Please contact Stacie Schandorf  at 651-423-7761 or email with questions.

Requirements for Clerical Subbing

  • High School Diploma
  • Willing to work across the District at all schools of at least two levels (elementary, middle school, or high school)
  • Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check (paid for by the applicant)
  • Must complete a Personal Care Assistant Certificate of Training (Click here to take the PCA/CFSS test  |  Instructions)
  • Must complete a pre-employment physical (paid for by the district | Physical Form)
  • Must attend a New Hire Orientation

New Hire Orientation Dates

  • Orientations are required for new hires. Contact Stacie Shandorf to schedule a one-on-one orientation. Large group orientation dates for the 2024-25 school year will be posted beginning in August.

Orientation Location

3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN  55068

What to bring with you to Orientation

  • Two valid forms of ID – Acceptable Documents (Expired documents will not be accepted)
  • $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)
  • Copy of Certified Personal Care Assistant certificate of training (link).  The Department of Human Services (DHS) requires all school employees who provide personal care services to students to be a Certified Personal Care Attendant (PCA).  DHS provides free online training that you may choose to complete, followed by the test.  After passing the test you will then receive a “Certificate of Training.”  You will be required to submit a copy of your certificate in order to be eligible for employment as a District clerical/paraprofessional substitute.  You may not provide personal care services for every student but having the certificate allows the district more flexibility when assigning you duties as a paraprofessional substitute. At this time, it is only required that you take and pass it one time.  Click here to take the test | Instructions A score of 20 correct answers is needed to pass the test.