Cleaning your device
Whether it is your school chromebook or iPad here’s how to clean for germs:
- Wash hands before use.
- Wash hands after use.
- Wipe keyboard with a (paper)towel that has been sprayed with a multipurpose cleaner. This should be done daily.
- Don’t spray the keyboard directly, or use the spray on the monitor or iPad glass.
If the keys on your keyboard are grimy, we recommend:
- Wrapping the end of your finger in a baby-wipe (not a Clorox wipe) and wiping each key individually.
- Swiping across the keys while applying pressure may cause damage, so clean keys one-at-a-time.
- This is not a substitute for germ removal.
If the screen or monitor are grimy, we recommend wiping with either a soft lens-cleaning cloth or a damp (water) clean cloth.
Pacer Assistive Technology (AT) lending library
Assistive technology (AT) is any device or service that helps children with disabilities participate more independently in life. Ranging from simple adaptations to highly sophisticated technology, AT helps people communicate, learn, live independently, be included, and succeed at home, school and work. Which technology is right for you or your child? With more than 1,700 items, the lending Library lets you try out and borrow some of the newest educational and disability-specific software and devices on the market.
How to Update an App in Self-Service
- Open Self-Service
- Search for the app
- Select Reinstall
- The updated app will now be installed on the iPad.
- If the app has never been installed on the iPad the latest version of app will install when the app is installed.