What role do occupational therapists play in the school setting?
- Assess and determine students’ needs
- Assist in IEP process
- Collaborate with educational team
- Provide services based on student needs; in the areas of fine motor, visual perceptual, motor coordination, functional written communication, sensory processing skills
- Skilled observations of students to determine modifications and/or strategies
- Train and assist staff to implement strategies and techniques for improved functional independence
- Develop adaptations and modifications for students in the educational environment