Early Childhood Screening
District 196 Early Childhood Screening is open. We are currently scheduling appointments via phone, 651-423-7899 or at email@example.com. The following guidelines will be in place for your child's appointment.
All forms will need to be completed at home, printed, and brought to your child's appointment (forms can be found below)
What you can expect at your child's screening appointment:
- Please have only one adult accompany your child to the screening appointment.
- When arriving at the District Service Center, remain in your car, and call 651-423-0641 to let us know you are here. Park to the left of door #1 in 1 of 3 orange coned parking spots. You will be given a number to look for at Door #1 and also asked to verbally respond to a health screening questionnaire.
- A staff member, holding your number, will greet you at the door.
- Upon entering the building, the parent, child and staff member will wash/sanitize their hands.
- All District staff will wear face coverings at all times. The parent is asked to please adhere to Governor Walz' mask mandate by wearing a face covering to your child's screening appointment.
Preschoolers between the ages of 3 and 4 years old who live in District 196 need to participate in a screening before entering kindergarten.
Appointments can be scheduled:
First available appointment time is 8 a.m. and last time is 3 p.m. each day listed above.
Visit us at the Early Childhood offices, which are located at: District 196 Service Center - 14301 Diamond Path, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
Once an appointment is scheduled, print and complete the following documents and bring them to your child's appointment:
- Permission Form
- Health and Development Questionnaire
- Registration for Early Childhood Screening
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 3.0-3.4)
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 3.5 to 4.4)
- Social-Emotional Questionnaire (Ages 4.5 to 6.5)
- Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunizations record