Caring for the iPad
IMPORTANT: Leave the iPad in the district-issued protective case and closed when taking the iPad to and from classes, home and school.
Keep the iPad away from the following:
- Liquids - Getting liquids like water, soda, or juice will damage the electronic parts of the device.
- Food - This will keep the iPad from getting dirty both inside and out.
- Magnets - Heavy magnets have a chance of damaging the iPad and the content saved on the device.
- Extreme Heat or Cold - You never want to have your iPad in a temperature above 95 or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Either extreme may cause the iPad to stop working or lose the effectiveness of the battery.
If you need to clean the screen, please use only a clean, soft, dry cloth. Do not use any liquid cleaners of any type (example: no moistened antibacterial wipes).
Please remember that the screen is made of a durable glass that can break. Here are some helpful hints to avoid breaking the screen:
- Avoid putting any pressure on the screen
- Don't lean on the iPad
- When putting it in your backpack, make sure the iPad isn't resting against anything that may cause pressure on the screen
- Avoid dropping the iPad
- Keep sharp objects away from the device
- Never throw or slide the iPad
Wireless access at home is beneficial. If you have wireless at home you may connect your iPad to the wireless network. If there is no wireless access at home, there are options to use the iPad off-line in which your child can still access content, student work, and apps. Also, if you don't have wireless internet access at home, go to WiFi Options or contact your child's school to talk through access options.
If your child is having trouble connecting within an app at your home it may mean that the web filter (Securly) needs to be re-authenticated. Click here for the steps to re-authenticate Securly.
- Use the adapter and cord issued at distribution to charge the iPad
- Plug it into a wall outlet
- Try to drain the battery once a month to help prolong battery life
- For more information on maximizing battery performance go to https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/