Stay Fueled with Healthy Meals
The best way to fuel your mind is to fuel your body! Free meals are available to District 196 students through a variety of summer programs. More information will be available before the last day of school. Check back soon!
Meals are available to children, up to 18 years old, at no cost. Visitors do not need to show identification or proof of residency or sign up.
All meals throughout the 2021 summer are free, regardless of eligibility, for all District 196 students ages 18 and younger. The District 196 Food and Nutrition Services Department will follow practices consistent with MDH, MDE and CDC health and safety guidelines.
Meals will be available Monday-Friday, June 14 through August 20, 2021. There will be no meals the week of July 2 through 5. There are no eligibility requirements or identification required.
Meals consist of grab-and-go breakfast and lunches.
Adult grab-and-go meals are $6.85.
Weekend meal kits will be available to pickup on Fridays at all locations
Free meals from District 196 are available Monday through Friday from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the following school locations:
Cedar Park Elementary School, 7500 Whitney Drive, Apple Valley
Diamond Path Elementary School, 14455 Diamond Path, Apple Valley
Echo Park Elementary School, 14100 County Road 11, Burnsville
Oak Ridge Elementary School, 4350 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Eagan
Thomas Lake Elementary School, 4350 Thomas Lake Road, Eagan
Alimentos Gratuitos para Niños 14 de junio – 20 de agosto
Lunes – Viernes (No se ofrecerán comidas del 2-5 de julio) Gratis para TODOS los niños*
No hay requisites de elegibilidad de ingresos ¡SOLO PRESENTESE AL LUGAR!
CUNTADA BILAASHKA AH SAMARKA! Juun 14 - Agoosto 20
Isniinta – Jimacaha (Cuntada ma jirto Juulay 2-5) Waa bilaash DHAMAAN caruurta jira 18 ama ka yar
Dakhli looma eegaayo si uu ilmuhu cuntada u cuno. WAA INAAD ISKA TIMAADID!
Free healthy meals are available this summer for all children through our partnership with The Open Door Pantry!
Beginning June 14-August 30, free meals are available Monday through Friday for all children. No registration or ID required. Times may vary slightly.
Route 1 Times and Locations
- 11-11:30 a.m. - Emerald Hills Village Mobile Home Community
- 11:45 am.-12:15 pm. - Rosemount Woods Mobile Home Community
- 12:25-12:55 p.m. - Rosemount Greens
Route 2 Times and Locations
- 11-11:30 a.m. - Eagan Place
- 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. - Cinnamon Ridge Park
- 12:30-1 p.m. - Cedar Knolls
For more information, visit www.theopendoorpantry.org.
Find a Summer Food Service Program near you.
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device.
- Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Central Time.
- Text "Food" to 877-877. Spanish speakers, text "comida" to 877-877.