School Board Meetings and Agendas
Regular School Board meetings
(6 p.m. at Dakota Ridge School unless otherwise noted):
- Monday, July 24, 2023
- Monday, August 7, 2023
- Monday, September 11, 2023
- Monday, September 25, 2023
- Monday, October 9, 2023
- Monday, November 13, 2023
- Monday, December 11, 2023
- Monday, January 8, 2024 (Organization)
- Monday, February 12, 2024
- Monday, March 11, 2024
- Monday, April 8, 2024
- Monday, May 6, 2024
- Monday, June 10, 2024
- Monday, June 24, 2024
Scheduled Special School Board meetings
- Monday, July 10, 2023 (District Office)
- Monday, January 22, 2024 (District Office)
Any meeting involving 4 to 7 School Board members (a quorum) requires notice in district publications and electronic communications at least three days prior to the meeting. All School Board meetings are open to the public, unless closed pursuant to Minn. Stat. 13D.05.
Regular meetings are scheduled at least once per month, to review and take action on items.
Special meetings are scheduled as needed to take action on time-sensitive items and to review information in greater depth.
Agendas for regular meetings typically include: consent items; old and new business; other action; superintendent and school board member updates; reports; staff and student recognition, and special communication requests. The agenda and exhibits for regular meetings are available for public viewing at every meeting and via the district website the Friday prior to each meeting. Regular meetings are videotaped for viewing on the District 196 TV educational access channel and the district’s YouTube page.
Minutes are taken for all School Board meetings, regular and special, and are approved by the board and published in the district’s official newspaper.
For general questions about School Board meetings, contact the administrative executive assistant to the Superintendent and School Board.
Participation at meetings
The public is welcome to attend School Board meetings and public hearings. Members of the public may participate in regular School Board meetings in the following ways:
- Watch video of past School Board meetings and read minutes. The public may stream video online of past regular meetings and read meeting minutes. Special board meetings are not recorded.
- Addressing agenda items. The public may address agenda items in the Reports, Old Business, New Business and Other Action portions of the meeting, before board discussion on the topic, when recognized by the chairperson. Speakers are asked to identify themselves before they begin their comments and are allowed to speak one time per agenda item for up to two minutes.
- Addressing issues not on the agenda. A member of the public may address the board through Special Communication Request by submitting a completed form (Procedure 204.8.3P, Special Communication Request) to the executive assistant to the School Board no less than five working days before the board meeting at which they wish to speak. This request and any related information will be shared with the board before the meeting. Individuals or groups who submit this written request are given four minutes to make their comments. There is a limit of ten speakers. Contact the superintendent's administrative executive assistant to submit a request or ask for assistance.
School Board response to public comments - The School Board takes into consideration comments made by the public at meetings and hearings. Questions, concerns and requests directed to the board will usually be deferred pending administrative and board consideration.