Series 801.7P - Request to Speak at Community Listening Session
Adopted: August 2021
To speak at a community listening session, you must be a District 196 stakeholder and complete and submit this form to the Superintendent's Office, Independent School District 196, 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068, no less than five working days before the community listening session at which you wish to speak.
Each speaker will have up to five minutes to share their comments. Respectful comments about school or district operations or programs may be heard, but complaints about specific personnel or other individuals will not be heard at a public community listening session. Board members and the administration are there to listen to speakers, but questions and requests are typically deferred pending administrative and board member consideration.
Requests to speak are limited to 10 per community listening session. If more than 10 speakers submit a timely request to speak in advance of a community listening session, speakers will be chosen by lottery conducted after the deadline to submit for the next community listening session. If fewer than 10 speakers sign up in advance, a sign-up sheet will be present at the community listening session and speakers may sign-up to fill the remaining speaker spots on a first-come, first-served basis at the beginning of the community listening session.
To speak at a community listening session you must be a District 196 stakeholder. Stakeholders are limited to the following:
· students (currently enrolled);
· parents/guardians of currently enrolled students;
· property or business owners;
· district contractors;
· bidders on district contracts that are open for bidding or awarded but not completed, and
· authorized representatives of the above-identified stakeholders.
Please be aware that:
· To speak at a community listening session, you are required to complete this form. It will be used by the school district to prepare for the community listening session and to document school district proceedings. Except for phone numbers and email address, the information on this form is classified as public data. Phone numbers and email addresses are collected and used internally by the district for notification purposes only.
· If you wish to share supporting documentation at the community listening session, bring five printed copies with you to the session.
· Questions and requests directed to board members will usually be deferred pending appropriate administrative and board consideration.
· Speakers must adhere to the time limit, the directions of the board members and the requirements of District Regulation 801.7AR or they risk being disqualified from speaking at future community listening sessions.
If you have additional questions, call the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent and School Board at 651-423-7723.
Community Listening Session Request
Community listening session date
(requests are only accepted for the next scheduled listening session)
Identify District 196 stakeholder role(s):
- students (currently enrolled)
- parents/guardians of currently enrolled students
- property or business owners
- district contractors
- bidders on district contracts that are open for bidding or awarded but not completed
- authorized representatives of the above-identified stakeholders
Please summarize your topic or the experience you wish to share: __________________________
I request a language interpreter for the following language:
I request a disability-related accommodation (a staff member will contact you)