Desktop Schools Popup

Select a School

Series 502.4.8AR - Student Transfers: Continued Enrollment of 11th and 12th Grade Students

1. Authorization – The superintendent designates the authority to approve or deny transfers to the directors of secondary education (for students in grades 6-12) and special education (for students in center-based special education programs).

2. Criteria – An 11th or 12th grade student may remain enrolled in the District 196 school he or she has been attending if their parent or guardian, or adult student age 18 or older, has moved to another District 196 school attendance area or to another school district.

3. Application Process

3.1 District 196 Resident – The student’s parent(s) or guardian(s) or the adult student (age 18 or older) shall complete District Procedure 502.4P, Intradistrict Student Transfer Application, and return it to the student information supervisor.

3.2 Nonresidents – The student's parent(s) or guardian(s) or the adult student (age 18 or older) shall complete Procedure 502.4.1P, Application to Participate in the State Enrollment Options Program, and return it to the student information supervisor.

3.3 The request will be approved or denied by the director of secondary education or special education.

4. Duration and Timing

4.1 Approved transfers will remain in effect through the end of the student's 12th grade school year.

4.2 Approved transfers may take place at any time during the student's 11th or 12th grade year.


  • Minnesota Statute 124D.08, School boards' approval to enroll in nonresident district