Mental Health Supports
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we understand how important providing support is during this public health crisis. Please refer to the resources on this page for assistance in dealing with mental health needs during this stressful time. You are encouraged to reach out to your school counselor, social worker, nurse or psychologist for further support.
Do not hesitate to make such a call if you suspect that someone may be a danger to themselves. It could save that person’s life.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (800-273-8255).
Dakota County Contacts
Suzette Scheele, Dakota County Parent Advocate for Children with Mental Illness for NAMI
- 651-645-2948, ext. 102, email@example.com
- Suzette facilitates parent and siblings support groups, can help parents navigate the mental health system, offers training to students, parents, staff
Dakota County Crisis Response Unit: 952-891-7171
Dakota County COVID-19 hotline number: 952-891-7834; open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m
Worried about your mental health:
- Call the warm line at 651-288-0400 or text Support to 85511 or call 844-739-6369
- Call the local crisis team at **CRISIS or click here for county numbers
- Use the Crisis Lifeline by texting MN to 741741
- Call the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990
- CALM App
- Conscious Discipline: https://consciousdiscipline.com/covid-19-five-helpful-responses-for-families/
- Minnesota Department of Health Behavioral Health and Emergency Preparedness: https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/ep/behavioral/index.html#covid19
- National Association of School Psychologists "Helping Kids Cope with the Changes from COVID-19": https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/helping-children-cope-with-changes-resulting-from-covid-19
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19: https://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/resources/fact-sheet/outbreak_factsheet_1.pdf
- Minnesota Department of Health "Supporting Mental Health during COVID-19: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1586793971/district196org/auuaxcxxtmmehnvybxpg/MDHMentalWell-beingduringCOVID.pdf