Title I Program
The District 196 Title I program is a federally funded program that provides valuable supplemental services to raise the achievement of elementary children who are performing below grade level in the areas of reading and math. For more than 30 years, Title I programs have played a key role in raising student achievement levels throughout the nation in these subject areas. The students are taught in small groups either in their regular classroom or in a resource room.
Parent involvement is a key component of the program. Parents are notified when their child is eligible for Title I services, and the schools plan a variety of parent activities and newsletters to promote parent involvement and enhance communication.
For more information about the Title I program in District 196, contact Nandi Rieck, Federal and State Program Specialist.
Title I Schools
- Cedar Park Elementary STEM School
- Echo Park Elementary School
- Glacier Hills Elementary School of Arts and Science
- Greenleaf Elementary School
- Oak Ridge Elementary School
- Parkview Elementary School
- Southview Elementary School
- Westview Elementary School