The Library/Media Center's goals are to:
- promote a love of reading,
- assist Shannon Park students in becoming effective users of ideas and information, which means they can access, process, and communicate from all types of media,
- and encourage lifelong learning.
We promote these goals by
- providing a wide variety of print, non-print and electronic resources.
- running a student-friendly library. Shannon Park's library is run by three professional staff members and many dedicated parent volunteers.
- integrating technology for educational objectives.
- teaching lifelong skills such as library location skills (print and electronic), the research process, understanding media messages, literature appreciation, and the responsible use of technology.
Individual students are welcome in the library for browsing, checking out books, using the computers, and doing research.
Students also come with their classes to the media center on their library day(s) (see the library schedule to know what day(s) your child has library.) All students come for 50 minutes during each cycle. Students will hear a story, have a library skill lesson and checkout time each cycle.
All students can check out new books on any day, not just on their scheduled library day. it is important to us that each student always has something to read. If you have any questions concerning books, due dates, book recommendations, or other library topics, please feel free to e-mail Mrs. Swiggum.