Join us for S.P.E.E.D. (Shannon Park’s Extended Educational Day).
Two sessions: November 12-December 20, 2012
April 2-May 2, 2013
This program has been developed to give students the opportunity for learning and fun beyond the school day.
This opportunity has been made available through a collaborative effort with District 196 Community Education and Shannon Park Elementary School.
• Classes meet on Tuesdays or Thursdays starting at 3:50 p.m. and ending at 4:50 p.m. Children are to be
picked up at the front entrance no later than five minutes after the end of their class by a parent or
designated adult, unless they are going to SAC or riding the bus. Please be prompt.
• Registrations will be handled by District 196 Community Education. Please complete the registration form
and turn it into your child’s teacher. The registration brochure will be available a month before classes start. No telephone registrations will be accepted. Payment via check, VISA or Mastercard must accompany registration to secure your child’s place in class, unless your child qualifies for a scholarship (see Financial Assistance information on registration brochure).
• Class confirmations will be sent out confirming your child’s registration and bus stop, if applicable.
• Scholarships are available. Students on reduced lunch receive one 50% discount on one class per session. Students on free lunch receive one full scholarship for one class each session. Circle “Scholarship Requested” on the registration form or call the CE Learning Services Center at 651-423-7920 for more information.
• Bring a small healthy snack to eat after school at the beginning of class so energy levels remain