I promise to take part in H.E.A.R.T in the true spirit of sportsmanship. I will respect and abide by the expectations for participation in this opportunity to benefit my personal fitness and wellness.
Who? Shannon Park students in grades 3, 4, 5.
What? Walk/Jog/Run laps on the designated course.
When? During your recess time.
Why? To improve your heart, lung, leg, and brain fitness.
Qualities of a H.E.A.R.T. Participant
||*Commitment to the activity
||*Strong Work Ethic
• To be HONEST in the daily reporting of your effort and lap totals.
• You are on your honor and are being trusted to be truthful in what you record each day.
• To stay on the designated H.E.A.R.T. course and while on the course to be either walking/jogging/running during recess.
• To enter YOUR scores only on the H.E.A.R.T. tally sheet.
• To never enter the scores of another student.
• To encourage someone else to join you in the H.E.A.R.T. activity.
BENEFITS –Participating in H.E.A.R.T. gives you an opportunity to…
• Develop healthy exercise habits.
• Develop an interest in activities that you can do for your lifetime.
• Increase your endurance, leg strength and overall fitness.
• Decrease your mile run fitness time.
• Feel better.
• Prepare your mind and body for learning in the classroom.
• Develop new friendships and nurture existing friendships.
• Relieve stress and anxiety.