Welcome to the 2013/2014 School Year!
Winter Community Service Project TOTALS
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the many students, families and Shannon Park Staff members who gave so generously to 360 Communities Armful of Love, Moms and Neighbors, and the Rosemount Neighborhood Families Resource Center during our Winter Community Service Project. We were able to deliver:
· 15 large boxes plus 9 big bags of food = Rosemount Neighborhood Resource Center
· 11 boxes of new items to be used in filling holiday kits = 360Communities
· 21 Cub gift cards = $500 =Mom and Neighbors
· 12 Holiday Gas gift cards = $300 = Moms and Neighbors
· 40 Target gift cards = $1000 = Moms and Neighbors
Grade 3 collected $426.25 Grade 4 collected $430.11 Grade 5 collected $434.00 Staff donated $510.00
“Nothing can give greater JOY than doing something for another.” Thank you to all for your participation and support of this project.
NNAT2 & CogAT Testing
time is coming soon!
The NNAT2 and CogAT assessments will be given on December 3, 4, 5, and 11. Grades Three and Five on December 3, 4, 5
• Grade Three from 9:45 – 10:45 each day
• Grade Five from 11:30 – 12:15 each day Grade One - December 11 from 9:45 – 10:45
Tests: NNAT2 – Grade 1 CogAT - Grades 3 and 5 To prepare your child ready for the assessment: • Make sure your child has No. 2 pencils. NO mechanical pencils are allowed. • Make sure your child is at school on time on those days as testing will begin right a way in the morning. • Please refrain from scheduling appointments or vacations on these testing days, as make up tests are limited and very difficult to administer. • Have your child well rested and fueled with a healthy breakfast. For more information on the tests being given please read the parent letter that went home on Nov. 22 or look on the SP webpage…Parent Connection – Student Assessments.