Each month we will be focusing on a character trait that is part of our Shannon Park Expectations. The character trait for the month of March is Self-discipline.
I am in school to LEARN…
The Shannon Park WAY!!!
As we all know, we do things very well at Shannon Park and yet it is always nice to revisit our expectations for learning and behavior. For the next seven weeks we will be focusing on school-wide expectations at Shannon Park. Each week, there will be a behavior focus in which we will highlight a different area within the school where students’ behavior directly affects student learning.
Here are the areas we will be highlighting:
• Hallway Behavior
• Lunch Time Behavior
• Playground/Recess Behavior
• Staircase Behavior
• Filling Someone’s Bucket
• Transition Time in Classrooms and Taking Turns
• Independent Travel Time
With the families and school community working together we will continue to make Shannon Park a GREAT place to LEARN.
Welcome to the 2013/2014 School Year!
Mark Your Calendars!
MCA III Testing for Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grade Students is Coming!
MCA-III Reading Test – April 15 and 16
• For the MCA-III Reading test each grade level will have both a morning and afternoon testing session on each of the two days.
• Grade 3 9:45 – 11:00 and 1:30 – 2:45
• Grade 4 10:45 – 12:00 and 2:00 – 3:15
• Grade 5 11:30 – 12:45 and 2:00 – 3:15 MCA – III Math Test – April 23 – May 9
• For the MCA-III Math test each classroom will have two testing sessions in the computer lab on two different days. The day and time will vary for each class.
Please click Math Testing Schedule for your child's testing day(s) and times.
For more information about assessments please visit Student Assessments under the parent connection link.