Tuesday, February 22, 2011
PARKVIEW PTO – MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 22, 2011 @ 4:00 p.m.
Staff: Sharon Benson, Marlae Newman
Parents: Carolyn Hunter, Abe Togbah, Shelly Larson, Kathy Danner, Michael Crider, Barb Drexler Luzum
1. The Spring book fair profit was $2,272.29 (Fall book fair $2,130) with $1,546 (Fall book fair $626) in books for our library. This was a huge success, partly due to the fact that we did the Read-A-Thon during this time when students received half of the funds they raised to spend at the book fair.
2. We have decided to sign a two-year contract with The Chip Shoppe Fundraiser. They will increase our profit on the gifts from 40% to 50% and we will still receive 40% of food sales.
3. Box Tops brought in over $900, milk caps and soup labels have not been counted yet.
4. “Get Cozy” day was a huge success in raising over $1,000 for Christy Cross and her family to help with their house fire.
5. We are well above our projected budget income for the year so far.
1. Pam Haldeman was not present to give a report.
1. Michael Crider attended the Superintendent’s Forum and gave us a summary. The meeting was focused on budget cuts for the next year.
2. The Spring Event planning is underway, with the theme being “Parkview’s 40th Birthday Party.”
3. Next year for our Chip Shoppe fundraiser we will get the word out to families that we actually receive 50% of gift items sold and 40% of food items sold, hoping that if people realize how much goes back to the school it will increase sales.
4. With Nici Dunn leaving Parkview next year, we are in need of both a Treasurer for the PTO as well as an editor for the Panda Press.
Meeting was adjourned at 4:35 p.m. Next PTO meeting scheduled for April 19, 2011, at 4:00 p.m.