||651-683-6969 ext. 92761
||651-683-6969 ext. 92771
||651-683-6969 ext. 94336
||651-683-6969 ext. 92702
||651-683-6969 ext. 92768
5th Grade Newsletters
Grade 5 MCA Math Practice Web Sites
Audio Books in 5th Grade
Recently, a selection of audio books has been added to our 5th grade reading library. Students are able to listen to these books as well as follow along with the printed copies. Check out the following link to view our our current selection of audio books. AUDIO BOOKS
The Oak Ridge school safety patrol is made up of responsible fifth graders. The school safety patrols' objectives are:
- to assist in training students how to cross streets,
- to help students upon arrival and dismissal, and
- to protect them from any type of accident.
Safety patrols have two captains whose duties consist of:
- seeing that patrols report on time,
- making certain patrol members follow correct procedures,
- seeing that patrol members are dressed appropriately for all conditions, and
- reporting all accidents and occurrences that interfere with student safety.
Each captain attends a one week training camp each summer at Legionville in Brainerd, MN.
Band rehearses Monday afternoons from 3:45 – 4:45. Parents need to pick up their child promptly at 4:45 unless you have requested that your child ride the bus home.
Each student will have an assignment notebook in which they will keep track of all assignments and make-up work. This is an important tool for developing responsibility, organization, and self-reflection. The assignment notebook will also be used as a communication tool between teacher and parent.
Due to the late lunch schedule, fifth graders will have a snack break in the morning. Children are encouraged to bring a small, NUTRITIOUS snack.
Social Studies Link:
Interesting Web Links