“Working together to build a better school.”
DP Student Council 2015-16
H2O for Life
Student Council this year will be leading the effort to raise money to provide a school in Ethiopia with clean water and sanitation facilities.
The Diamond Path Student Council is made up of representatives from all of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms. Each classroom elects two students to represent them for the school year. Fifth grade representatives then campaign in a school wide election for DP Student Council President and Vice-president. The Student Council president and vice-president also serve as voting members of the School Council.
One of the first things that Student Council does each year is to decide on their goals for the year. Activities then grow from the goals. This year's goals are the following:
Student Council reps with the
H2O poster showing our goal accomplished!
- Help students learn.
- Help make Diamond Path a safe and beautiful school.
- Make Diamond Path a fun place to learn.
- Help the environment.
- Work to help the people of our community and the world around us.
Activities during the 2014-2015 school year have included:
- Lead the school effort to raise $3,000 for H2O for Life
- Educated student body about Dominican Republic and world water issues
- Operated the school store
- Spirit Days - Pajama Day, Twins Day, Hat Day
- Student Council Flower Garden
- Provided leadershop for the Japanese Garden and Arbor Day
The three final teams compete in the DP Knowledge Bowl.
Research for Uganda
- National Geographic on Uganda http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/uganda-guide/
- Uganda Tourism Site http://www.visituganda.com/
- Uganda Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda
- World Fact Book Uganda https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ug.html
- Uganda Lonely Planet Guide http://www.lonelyplanet.com/uganda