VOLUNTEERING AT DIAMOND PATH
Welcome to Diamond Path Elementary School! Children are our greatest treasure. With your help, we, the staff at Diamond Path, are able to provide a safe environment for learning, enhanced by your talents and your time.
Throughout the year, there are many opportunities for you to participate in our children's learning experience either at home or at the school. The Diamond Path staff welcomes and values your involvement. Even the smallest contribution makes a difference in the overall quality of education our children receive.
Whether you are able to come to school on a weekly basis, help on field trips or special activities, cut out labels at home or make sure that your own special student is ready for school each day, what you do is important!
Volunteering is a great way to gain a sense of belonging in your school community, to meet new people...and it's FUN! Check out the General Volunteer Descriptions to see where you can share your gifts or go to "click to volunteer" at the top of this page to see more specific opportunities. If you have any suggestions or would like more information, email Carine Decattoire at email@example.com, or feel free to stop in the school office.
Visit the Fundraising web page for information on DP's various fundraising efforts.
What follows is a brief description of some of the volunteer opportunities that are available at this time.
AT HOME VOLUNTEERS
- Labels/box Top Clipper/Counter - clip and count labels, box tops or milk caps
- Teacher Assistant - correct papers and/or prepare materials (i.e.cutting paper pieces to be put together by students)
- Sewing - simple sewing (i.e. costumes, book bags)
- Woodworking/Carpentry - assist with special projects as needed
- Party Coordinator - work with other parents to coordinate the party (Winter and Valentine's) for a grade level
- Party Helper - assist with party activities on party day
- Classroom Assistant - assist teacher in classroom activities and paperwork as needed
- Friday Folders - stuff Friday Folders
- Math/Reading Tutor - reinforcement or enrichment activities with individual students or small groups (scheduling is flexible; materials and teacher guidance provided
- ESL/Translation - (ESL-English as a Second Language) scheduling is flexible; verbal fluency; books or experiences to share with individual student(s)/class
- Computer Input - update classroom websites
ART ROOM VOLUNTEERS
- Art room assistant - assist Mr. Rode in the classroom
- Display - display artwork throughout the building under the guidance of Mr. Rode
- Art Adventure Program - training at the Minneapolis Institute of Art; make 4 or more 1/2 hour presentations to students during the month of September and February.
DIAMOND PATH DINER
- Food service assistant - on specific days serve meal and/or clean tables during lunch hour. (This will free a staff person to run the dishwasher and thus cut down on the use of styrofoam trays)
- Book Fair - day and evening shifts during Barnes & Noble Book Fair and Scholastic Book Fair
- Library Volunteer - shelve books, check in books, and other duties, always needed
- Sportswear Sale -coordinate/assist in Sportswear sale at Open House in August and conferences in November.
- Fall Fundraiser - coordinate/assist with collecting orders in October and with distribution in November
- Memory Book - take pictures during classroom activities/assist with collages for each grade level
- Literacy Connection -receive training to provide one-on-one reading support to a student approximately one hour per week (flexible)
- Math Connection -receive training to provide one-on-one math support to a student approximately one hour per week (flexible)
- Popcorn Poppers and Cotton Candy Makers - volunteers are needed to come in occasionally to pop popcorn for classroom events (9:15-10:45am)
- Family Fun Fest - help plan/organize annual Family Fun Fest in May by serving on one of the following committees: Food~Games~Silent Auction/Raffle~Volunteers
- Community Night Host/Hostess - greet customers from 5-8pm at Culver's in Apple Valley, once a month. You can do this for one month or many.
- Flexible Volunteer - willing to be called on short notice to assist in the classroom or with other school activities.
- Check out your child's Friday Folder and the weekly Pathways e-newsletter for more opportunities. If you have comments/suggestions, please contact Carine Decattoire firstname.lastname@example.org, 952-423-7695