Community Resources

  • Dakota County Child Health Clinic: Physicals are given on a sliding fee scale. Call 952.891.7526.
  • Parks and Recreation Programs: In Apple Valley call 952.953.2300; in Eagan, call 651.675.5500; in Rosemount, call 651.322.6000.
  • Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Food Program (WIC): Provides nutrition education and supplemental food to pregnant or breast-feeding women, and to children (ages birth to five) who have nutritional needs and whose family meets income guidelines. Call 952.891.7525.
  • CAP Agency/Head Start: A federal and state funded comprehensive preschool available to low-income families. Call 952.432.6699.
  • First Call for Help: A comprehensive information and referral service to link people in need with the appropriate human service provider. Call 952.891.7400.
  • Child Care Resource and Referral: Information and referral for all licensed family child care, child care centers and part-day preschool programs. Call 952.985.4040.
  • Children’s Home Crisis Nursery of Dakota County: Offers emergency child care support during times of crisis. Call 952.432.5528.
  • Free help available on the Parent Warmline at 612-813-6336. The Parent Warmline is a telephone service sponsored by Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. The Warmline provides you with person-to-person support, practical advice and resources about parent-child relationships and the behavior and development of children from infants to teens. Leave your name, day and night phone numbers, your questions and a good time to reach you. A trusted parent educator will return your call to listen, support you, give information and suggest resources. You will receive individualized and confidential attention. Translators are available.
  • Minnesota Department of Health: Call 651-201-3650 or 1-800-728-5420, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call this line if your child has problems or difficulties with development or if you are concerned about your child's growth, learning or development.
  • United Way Telephone Referral Service: Call 2-1-1; available 24/7 (cell phone users can call 651-291-0211). Minnesota 2-1-1 is a service that connects you with community services in Minnesota including childcare, counseling, food, health, housing, legal help, mental health, transportation and youth services.Telephone lines for English-, Spanish-, Hmong- and Russian-speaking parents are available Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. For English, Spanish or Hmong, call 211 or 651-291-0211 (cell phone users). Russian-speaking parents call 651-698-9167.
  • Website. This Website provides information, in both English and Spanish, on programs and services in your community to help with health care, child care, job training, education, recreation, retirement, disability and social services for yourself or other family members. View the Website.
  • Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
  • MN Parents Know Website
  • Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM)
pointer top of page