Help Me Grow - minnesota's Early Intervention System
While all young children grow and change at their own rate, some children experience delays in their development. Special health conditions may affect children's development, too. Accessing early intervention services as early as possible will ensure the best developmental outcomes for these children.
Minnesota's early intervention system - Help Me Grow - includes two programs for eligible children.
- Help Me Grow: Infant and Toddler Intervention are special services and supports for children birth through age two and their families.
- Help Me Grow: Preschool Special Education is for eligible children ages three to five years. Minnesota children eligible for Help Me Grow can receive services in their home, child care setting or school. Help Me Grow services are free to eligible families regardless of income or immigrant status.
Early childhood specialists will work with eligible children and families to plan the services and supports they need. These may include:
- Special instruction and other services, such as speech, physical and occupational therapy
- Ways that a family can support their child's development at home; and
- Connections to community services and programs.
A child’s early years often bring wonder and excitement for families. Find out more about how young children grow and learn, and what parents can do to support their child’s learning at Minnesota Help Me Grow: Understanding Your Child's Development
Some babies and young children need extra help to learn and grow. Free help is available for eligible children: Your Child with Special Needs
Call 952-431-8700 for more information
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
- If you have concerns or questions about your child's development, call our Early Childhood Special Education office at 952-431-8700.
- If you have concerns about your child's development you can also talk to your health care provider, call 1-866-693-GROW (4769) or use the online referral form to refer your child to Help Me Grow for more assistance.
- For questions regarding Help Me Grow eligibility and diagnosed conditions, contact the MN Department of Health program coordinator at 651-201-3641.
- Contact the MCYSHN Information and Assistance Line at 1-800-728-5420 or 651-201-3650 for any assistance regarding services that might be available for you and your family.
- Visit the MN ParentsKnow web site for additional information on Help Me Grow - Infant and Toddler Intervention Services.
Developmental Milestones Brochures: