We are unable to enroll all applicants due to space limitations. Applications are not enrolled on a first-come first-served basis.
Click here to view the Connections Preschool brochure. To apply for 2019-2020 preschool, click on the yellow button.
Questions? Call 952-388-1960.
Pay Preschool Invoice
Connect to Values: Early Learning Beliefs
Connections Preschool staff believe:
- Early Childhood is a remarkable time of psychological, physical, social and academic development.
- Learning is a social process where children learn through play, exploration and inquiry.
- Families are a child's first and most influential teachers.
- Each child has unique strengths.
- Children thrive in a safe environment where their needs are met through mutual respect, nurturing and consistency.
- Strong family, school and community partnerships help ensure a child's success in school.
Connect to skills: What to Expect
Young children are eager to learn and play. Every Connections Preschool class gives children an opportunity to interact with other children in fun, engaging activities while learning important skills. The Connections Preschool curriculum guides young children in developing skills in the following areas: creativity and the arts, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, physical and motor, and social and emotional. Children assume increasing personal responsibility and independence as they grow and develop.
- Preschool is held September 2019 to June 2020.
- Tuition assistance and scholarships are available for families with an identified need.
- Connections Preschool is a collaborative with our district's Early Childhood Special Education program.
Connect with Experience: Licensed Teachers
Before Entering Preschool
- Early Childhood Screening: In the State of Minnesota children are screened at 3 1/2 years of age and older. Screening is free and provided by the school district. You will receive a letter in your mailbox with an appointment date and time to bring your child in for screening.
- Immunizations: your child’s immunizations must be up to date. Contact your child’s health provider or the Dakota County Public Health Department (www.co.dakota.mn.us or 952-891-7528) to learn about immunization requirements.