Priority applications are accepted from January 22 through February 15. We are unable to enroll all applicants due to space limitations. Applications are not enrolled on a first-come first-served basis.
To view the Connections Preschool brochure, click here or on the cover image. To apply for 2019-2020 preschool, click on the yellow button.
Questions? Call 952-388-1960.
If you need technical support, computer use or support of an interpreter to complete the online application, you're invited to attend one of the following workshops:
- January 22, 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Cedar Park Elementary
- January 29, 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Echo Park Elementary
- January 31, 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Oak Ridge Elementary
- February 12, 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Greenleaf Elementary
- February 13, 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Dakota Valley Learning Center
View this flyer for more information.
Connect to Values: Early Learning Beliefs
Connections Preschool staff believe:
- Early Childhood is a remarkable time of psychological, physical, social and academic development.
- Learning is a social process where children learn through play, exploration and inquiry.
- Families are a child's first and most influential teachers.
- Each child has unique strengths.
- Children thrive in a safe environment where their needs are met through mutual respect, nurturing and consistency.
- Strong family, school and community partnerships help ensure a child's success in school.
Connect to skills: What to Expect
Young children are eager to learn and play. Every Connections Preschool class gives children an opportunity to interact with other children in fun, engaging activities while learning important skills. The Connections Preschool curriculum guides young children in developing skills in the following areas: creativity and the arts, language and literacy, mathematical and scientific thinking, physical and motor, and social and emotional. Children assume increasing personal responsibility and independence as they grow and develop.
- Preschool is held September 2019 to June 2020.
- Tuition assistance and scholarships are available for families with an identified need.
- Connections Preschool is a collaborative with our district's Early Childhood Special Education program.
Connect with Experience: Licensed Teachers
Before Entering Preschool
- Early Childhood Screening: 3- and 4-year-old children must complete a free early childhood developmental screening. If your child has not been screened please call 651-423-7899 to schedule a screening appointment.
- Immunizations: your child’s immunizations must be up to date. Contact your child’s health provider or the Dakota County Public Health Department (www.co.dakota.mn.us or 952-891-7528) to learn about immunization requirements.