District 196 Community Education is a part of Independent School District 196, serving the cities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Coates, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, and Rosemount, and the townships of Empire and Vermillion.
Community Education is a philosophy of education that provides a process of identifying community needs and community resources and matching the two together to promote the total development of the individual and the community.
Community Education is an opportunity for local citizens, community schools, agencies and institutions to become active partners in addressing education and community concerns. Community Education embraces the belief that education is a lifelong process. It expands the concept of education from kindergarten-grade 12 to all community members. Community Education creates an environment that views education as anything that enhances life experiences.
- Spring 2018 Impact Sheet
- Winter 2018 Impact Sheet
- September 11, 2017 School Board Presentation
- June 12, 2017 School Board Presentation Summer Programming Report
- April 24, 2017 School Board Presentation Connections Preschool Report
- Fall 2016 Impact Sheet
- September 12, 2016 School Board Presentation
- June 13, 2016 School Board Presentation
- Spring 2016 Impact Sheet
- District 196 Community Education Overview
- Winter 2016 Impact Sheet
- September 14, 2015 School Board Presentation
- May 11, 2015 School Board Presentation
- Winter 2015 Impact Sheet
- Fall 2014 Impact Sheet
- August 18, 2014 School Board Presentation