The Eagan High School construction careers students continue to perfect their home building skills and are once again looking for a client to purchase their latest tiny residence. For the second year, the district is seeking a buyer to purchase materials while the students do the work
A single tiny cabin will be built during the 2019-20 school year, and all interested clients must submit an application and be entered into a lottery. Lottery applications will be accepted May 1-15, 2019. The lottery drawing will take place May 16, 2019. Fill out our Google Form to be included in the lottery.
The client selected will be expected to purchase and have materials delivered to Eagan High School by Sept. 1, 2019. The client will also be required to enter into an agreement with District 196 and agree to the terms and conditions of the project.
To learn more about the Eagan construction careers program, check out these articles from CBS Local and on the District 196 website. You can also follow the construction process on the construction careers blog.
Questions? Contact Nandi Rieck at Nandi.Rieck@district196.org.
About the cabin
BASE MODEL KIT (purchased from Lampert Lumber): $32,500*
*The Base Model Kit price is an estimate and may change to reflect current market costs of materials. This price also includes $1000 for incidental building expenses.
- 20’ long x 8.5 wide cabin on 20’ trailer. (Weight: 9,000-12,000 lbs) Class V hitch required;
- ESCAPE custom steel trailer (6,000 or 7,000 lb HDtandem axles, electric brakes, Hopkins break-away safety system, easy use leveling jacks, steel, rodent resistant belly, 2 and 5/16” ball hitch);
- Low-E, thermopane Marvin Integrity windows;
- Pre-finished cedar lap siding, soffit, fascia and trim;
- Panel-Loc Plus metal roofing with 40 year manufacture warranty;
- Kitchen: cabinetry, butcher block top, stainless sink, under counter refrigerator, ceiling fan, range
- Bathroom features: 36” shower, sink, storage cabinet, shelf, bath hardware, toilet;
- Upstairs large loft bedroom with opening windows;
- Oversized 4’ closet with rod and bi-fold door;
- LP instant hot water and furnace, and
- Much, much more!