District 196 is looking for a client interested in having a tiny cabin built for them by the Eagan High School construction careers students. You buy the materials, they will build it!
Last year students successfully built their first tiny house and are hoping to expand their skillset again this year. A single tiny cabin will be built during the 2018-19 school year, and all interested clients will be entered into a lottery. Lottery applications will be accepted Aug. 1-15, 2018. The lottery drawing will take place Aug. 16, 2018. Fill out our Google Form to be included in the lottery.
The client selected will be expected to purchase and have materials delivered to Eagan High School by Sept. 30, 2018. The client will also be required to enter into an agreement with District 196 and agree to the terms and conditions of the project.
Questions? Contact Nandi Rieck at Nandi.Rieck@district196.org.
About the cabin
BASE MODEL KIT (purchased from Lampert Lumber): $30,300*
*Base Model Kit price is an estimate and may change to reflect current market costs of materials. Finishing expenses up to an additional $8,000, and include incidental building costs, plumbing, electrical and appliances.
- -20’ long x 8.5 wide cabin with 5’ covered porch on 25’ trailer. (Weight: 9,000-12,000 lbs.) Class V hitch required;
- -ESCAPE custom steel trailer (6,000 or 7,000 lb HD tandem axles, electric brakes, Hopkins break-away safety system, easy use leveling jacks, steel, rodent resistant belly, 2 and 5/16” ball hitch);
- -Low-E, thermopane Marvin Integrity windows;
- -Cedar lap siding, soffit, fascia and trim;
- -Panel-Loc Plus metal roofing with 40-year manufacture warranty;
- -Kitchen: cabinetry, butcher block top, stainless sink;
- -Bathroom features: 36” shower, sink, storage cabinet, shelf, bath hardware, composting or dry flush toilet;
- -Upstairs large loft bedroom with opening windows;
- -Oversized 4’ closet with rod and bi-fold door;
- -LP instant hot water and furnace, and
- -Much, much more!