Introducing Schoology ::: a new learning management platform for teachers, students and families
This fall, all middle school and high school teachers and students (grades 6-12) will begin using Schoology, a new learning management platform for our district. Schoology aligns with our learning and technology framework and provides a digital space for teachers to communicate information and resources to students and their parents or guardians.
Schoology acts as a hub that connects existing tools such as Google Drive (Collab) and allows students to turn in work digitally, while also providing the flexibility for students to complete work with pencil and paper. Previously, our teachers used a variety of software products (e.g. Moodle, rSchoolToday, Google Classroom) as learning management platforms. The goal of this transition to Schoology is to provide a single, consistent platform district-wide that offers robust features for teachers, students and families.
To support this goal, we are asking teachers to keep the following four essential components in Schoology updated:
• A profile page with contact information;
• A calendar showing assignments, assessments and major events with due dates/deadlines;
• Class announcements, and
There are three helpful documents linked below:
• Creating a Parent Schoology Account – This document walks you through the steps of how to create a Schoology account and connect your child(ren) to the account. Your Schoology account will give you access to your child(ren)’s calendars, including due dates, announcements, related resources and the ability to check current grades for each of their classes. To get started, visit Schoology.com.
• Notifications and Viewing Your Child’s Activity – This document explains tools you can use to receive notifications regarding your child(ren) and how to navigate the Schoology parent portal page.
• Parent Portal Chart – This document shows when to use Schoology and ParentVUE to access different types of
information about your child(ren). (You should have received a separate letter in mid-August with information on how to activate your ParentVUE account.) To access the chart digitally and be connected to support resources, go to the short link located at the top of the page.
For assistance, please contact Jenny Huling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-423-7915.