More than 2,000 students are scheduled to graduate from District 196 schools during commencement ceremonies scheduled for late May and early June. The estimated diploma count of 2,026 includes 428 from Apple Valley High School, 516 from Eagan High School, 550 from Eastview High School and 532 from Rosemount High School.
The high school totals include 206 seniors from the School of Environmental Studies, 23 from the Area Learning Center alternative high school program, 42 from the Transition Plus Program that serves young adults ages 18-21 with special needs and 75 adult learners who will graduate from Community Education’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) program.
Below is a complete schedule of commencement ceremonies in the district. Information about location changes due to weather conditions will be available on the school websites the day of the event.
- Adult Basic Education — Thursday, May 25, 7 p.m., at Dakota Ridge School
- Area Learning Center — Thursday, June 8, 4:30 p.m., in the multi-purpose room
- Transition Plus — Wednesday, May 31, noon, at the Rosemount Community Center
- School of Environmental Studies — Thursday, June 1, 7 p.m., at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater (weather permitting)
- Apple Valley High School — Saturday, June 3, 6 p.m., in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Eagan High School — Saturday, June 3, 2:17 p.m., in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Eastview High School — Saturday, June 3, 7 p.m., in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Rosemount High School — Saturday, June 3, 7 p.m., in the stadium (weather permitting)
- Dakota Ridge School — Monday, June 5, 2:45 p.m., in the gymnasium