School Board Meetings
The School Board holds regular meetings on Mondays at least once each month according to a schedule approved by the board each spring. The following regular School Board meetings will begin at 6 p.m. at Dakota Ridge School, 4629 144th Street W, Apple Valley, Minnesota.
|July 24, 2017|
|August 14, 2017|
|September 11 and 25, 2017|
|October 9 and 23, 2017|
|November 13, 2017|
|December 11, 2017|
|January 8, 2018|
|February 12, 2018|
|March 12, 2018|
|April 16, 2018|
|May 14, 2018|
|June 11 and 25, 2018|
Participation at School Board Meetings
The public is welcome to attend School Board meetings, workshops and public hearings. Members of the public may participate in regular School Board meetings in the following ways:
1. Watch video of past School Board meetings and read minutes
2. Addressing agenda items
The public may address agenda items in the Reports, Old Business, New Business and Other Action portions of the meeting, before board discussion on the topic, when recognized by the chairperson. Speakers are asked to identify themselves before they begin their comments and are allowed to speak one time per agenda item for up to two minutes.
3. Addressing issues not on the agenda
There are two ways the public may address the School Board at a meeting about issues that are not on the agenda:
- Open Forum – A member of the public may sign up 30 minutes before a board meeting begins to speak during the Open Forum portion of the meeting. Up to seven people will be allowed to speak for up to two minutes each.
- Special Communication Request – A member of the public may submit a written request (Procedure 204.8.3P, Special Communication Request) to the administrative assistant to the School Board no less than five working days before the board meeting at which they wish to speak. This request and any related information will be shared with the board before the meeting. Individuals or groups who submit this written request are given five minutes to make their comments. Special Communications Requests on the same topic will be limited to the first three requests per meeting.
School Board response to public comments
- The School Board takes into consideration comments made by the public at meetings and hearings. Questions, concerns and requests directed to the board will usually be deferred pending administrative and board consideration.