To substitute in our district we require you to have a valid MN teaching license and that you attend an orientation meeting. The application must be completed and submitted online prior to your scheduled orientation session. Orientation meetings are held at our district office unless otherwise noted above: 3455 153rd Street W., Rosemount, MN 55068.
District 196 will be accepting 2-year short call substitute licenses. There will be a separate training specific to 2-year short call subs. This also applies to persons currently holding 2-year licenses that are subbing in other districts. Please contact Barb Hall if you would like to attend a training.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please register online.
What you need to bring with you to orientation meetings:
- 2 valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form. (Will not accept expired documents.)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)
- Current Minnesota Educator’s license
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.)
- Direct deposit information –either a voided check or savings routing and account information
You do not need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past school year.
- Substitute Employee Mileage Reimbursement Form
- Mileage reimbursement requests must be submitted before June 30 of current school year. Requests submitted after this date will not be reimbursed as the fiscal year ends June 30.