Enrolling your child Employment Maps and Directories
Search Website
Separation Line
Student Information Home
Separation Line
Student Records
Separation Line
Parent Portals
Separation Line


Student Educational Records

District 196 schools maintain educational records on all students, in accordance with state regulations, to help plan each student's educational program and to communicate student progress with parents.

Student records include information such as standardized achievement and ability test data, course grades, attendance records, health and medical records, and evaluations by professional staff.

Information from student records is not released to members of the public without the written permission of the student's parent or guardian, or of the student if he or she is 18 or older or attends a post-secondary institution.

Parents and guardians (and students 18 and older) have the right to examine the contents of their own student's educational records, except items made confidential by state or federal law. The district handles requests to view student records within five working days.

Parents and guardians (and students 18 and older) can challenge the accuracy of educational records and have the right to authorize or deny release of records requested by a third party.

The district forwards educational records of students to other schools and school districts in which the student seeks or intends to enroll, upon request of that school or school district. Parents are not notified prior to this type of record transfer.

Educational records of current students are kept at the school the student attends.

Where can I find my graduate transcripts?

Educational transcripts of District 196 graduates are kept at their school of graduation for one year after their date of graduation.

After one year, graduate transcripts are maintained at the District Office 3455 153rd Street West, Rosemount, MN 55068.

District 196 archives all past student records, at the District Office, one year after the student has graduated or left the district.

To request the release of transcripts, District 196 requires the necessary information to locate the student records, as well as a signature, authorizing the district to release this private data.  A student record release form can be downloaded from this site, or, the same information can be provided on a plain piece of paper.  The complete information can then be provided to the transcript office via fax, mail, or in person.  With proper technology, this same document can be scanned and e-mailed.

The information necessary to locate a student record is:

  • Full legal name, as it was at the time of attendance (no nick names or married names)
  • Date of birth
  • School (from which graduated or last school attended in our district)
  • Year of graduation (if applicable)
  • Phone number
  • Mailing information (admissions office address, employer, home, etc.)
  • SIGNATURE (required to release your records)

Student Record Release Form

Come to District Office
You may come into the district office and fill out a release form in person.
Transcript office hours are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Independent School District 196
Transcript Office
3455 153rd St. W.,
Rosemount, MN 55068
Form can be faxed to:
Archive Office
With proper technology, you can send the scanned document image to:

For questions you may e-mail us or contact the transcript office by phone at 651- 423-7790.

For more information on student educational records, contact your child's principal or call the archive office at 651-423-7710.

Untitled Document

Copyright and Privacy information

© Copyright Rosemount - Apple Valley - Eagan Public Schools, 3455 153rd St. W., Rosemount, MN 55068 • 651-423-7700
All Rights Reserved • Copyright Notice | Privacy Statement | Equal Opportunity Policy

Copyright and Privacy Information