Food and Nutrition Services
FREE Summer Meals
(USDA Federal Summer Food Program)
Free summer eats program is available in District 196 at Cedar Park, Westview, Oak Ridge and Thomas Lake Elementary Schools. For more information, click on the links below.
Now accepting applications for contracted and substitute food service positions
Why work with us? Our ISD 196 kitchens and staff offer:
- Fun, safe and busy kitchens
- Daytime hours (great schedule for parents with students)
- Food Safety and Sanitation skills
- Feeling of accomplishment: Feeding our district students
- Starting wage is $14.95/hour
Not ready for a permanent position? Apply as a Substitute!
- Average hours worked/day = 3
- Ability to work at a variety of schools – you decide
- Starting Wage is $13.20/hour
See our job listings and apply Online
Free and Reduced School Meal Application
All students who are approved for either free or reduced-price meals will receive BREAKFAST AND LUNCH at NO CHARGE. A new application must be submitted each year, unless you have already received a letter from District 196 Public Schools indicating all your child(ren) have been approved for the current school year.
Please be aware:
- Free and reduced-price school meal information does not automatically transfer from one school district to another.
- Students must be enrolled in District 196 Public Schools prior to submitting an application online.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for all meal purchases prior to the official date of determination of benefits and funds must be in a student’s meal account to purchase meals.
- Your application also helps our school qualify for additional education funds and discounts.
Completing the application online is the quickest and most secure way for the school district to process your application. You will be notified by mail if your family does or does not qualify. CLICK on the link to submit your application online:
- 2017-18 Online application for education benefits coming in August 2017
Paper applications will be available to print in August 2017. Please know that the district is allowed 10 days to process an application from the date received.